Dude, Cancer sucks. I will prove it to you.

Friday, August 5, 2011

8-5-11

So I totally had a great idea for my next book that I will probably never actually write.  I haven’t decided if it will be a sequel to the last book that I didn’t write, or a stand alone.  I willing to accept feedback from anyone who has read any of the books that I haven’t written.

When we last spoke we had narrowed down my unfortunate swing/gravity incident to a few possibilities, and after further investigation I think that we can very clearly identify the culprit as those working on behalf of Little Foot, that little subversive. 

Now I know that you are riveted with the strangeness the seems to fall from my brain, but this blog is really about Cole, so let’s get to it.  Any objections?  No? Good, the measure passes.

Today Cole is getting a tattoo.  We thought that he deserved it given how well he has been responding to his treatments.  I suggested that he get a naked lady holding a sandwich from Columbo’s in Pacifica (insert drool here…for the sandwich, not the naked lady….come on, this is a family show…sort of), but instead he took the advice of his doctors and is getting tiny dots where they are going to aim the radiation blasts (is radiation blasts the right term?  Sounds not very accurate.  Maybe it is radiation shots….or maybe points….I think I like blasts….like blasts the Cancer back to the stone age). 

He also is going to visit a sadist physical therapist today to try and work on getting his walking and running gait back to normal.  It is going to be a long day for Elisa and Cole because the tattoo session is early this morning, and the PT is not until later this afternoon.  Fortunately Granny and Pappy Rinde live nearby and they can chill at their homestead. 

Elisa starts school later this month (goes back 8/22) which means that I will be utilizing the FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) as well as the IGTSHFWALA (I Get To Stay Home From Work A Lot Act).  I think that we need to immediately change the law so that I can take indefinite FMLA leave with pay.  Give me Obama’s number…..wait, never mind, I’ve got it.  Alas, had to leave a message.  I guess this means that I will just have to take the unpaid leave.

I would like to say that me staying home with Cole would not have worked out without the amazing, extreme, wonderful, crazy awesome, badass, generous, selfless, lovely donations and support that we have received from so many of you.  I can not even imagine how we would have made it without all of you.  I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.  Instead of asking you to raise your glasses and toast Cole, today I raise my glass (yes I am drinking on BART on my way to work.  What of it?), and toast all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment