Dude, Cancer sucks. I will prove it to you.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

9-27-12

Unfortunately I flew too high and my wings melted.  I then plummeted down, and as I started to right the ship, so to speak, the waves hit me.  

On Sunday Cole was feeling crappy.  We checked his temperature and it was 312.48 Kelvin.  Called Kasier and off to the ER we went.  On Monday, the fever persisted so off to the clinic we (we herein for this sentence refers to gma and gpa) went.  On Tuesday Dr. Taggart called and said that the cultures drawn on Sunday had grown into something (presumably Canadians) and that we had to go get admitted. So............................................................................................................................................................................................................................... I got to leave my new job early, again, and take Cole to the hospital, again, and we met the president again.  We were going to stay at the Hotel Abbot, but Kaiser knew of a much better place, so we stayed with them.  Now I feel that I must stray from this otherwise completely coherent and succinct summary of what's what and wander into a rant.  Over the last 18ish months I have spent a great deal (great deal is the grown up word for way more time that you should ever have to spend in a hospital with your kid) of time at Kaiser Santa Clara hospital, 3rd Floor, and have always been treated like a VIP (VIP is the grown up word for Vociferous Idiotic Parent).  You can understand my shock and awe then when I tried to go get some water from the room where the water and fridge are only to find that they put a lock, and an electronic one at that, on the door.  Not only was I locked out, but they refused to give me the code.  I tried to explain to them that the US Government (the sweetest smelling government in the world) saw fit to bestow upon me a secret clearance but to no avail (but to no avail is kind of a strange expression. You always use it in the negative.  You never say "to avail."  Kind of like repeat.).

Despite that, we had a nice stay.  Since the Monday cultures did not grow any friends to the north, Cole was free to go.  As they were discharging him they mentioned something about how the growing of the cultures was not due to bacteria in Cole's body, but rather contamination from the tech's glove.  Really.  The strain on  my nerves, as well as my new job did not need that.

As you can tell, I had a bigge week, but we seem to have made it through.  I will try to write again sometime soon, but in the meantime please raise your glasses to Cole, crane operator.  

No comments:

Post a Comment