Dude, Cancer sucks. I will prove it to you.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So anyway, like I was saying I haven't written in a while (4 months to be exact) and I have almost forgotten how to write such that I am sure that I will make many grammatical mistakes and some of them might even be on accident or maybe I just might throw caution to the wind and completely avoid the use of a period irregardlessly of the amount of words, ideas, thoughts, rants, plea bargains, etc that I decide to use in my seemingly senseless and random diatribe.  Ok, maybe not.

So, a ton has happened in the last few months.  I will try to be brief in my summary.  First, and foremost all the people that reside in the San Miguel Baker household are alive.  The dog is alive.  The chickens are alive.   Unfortunately I can not say the same thing for the hermit crab or the rolly polly (although in our defense, I don't think the rolly polly was ever alive while in captivity).

Logan is doing well.  He is developing a strong, and some might say destructive, addiction to Star Wars.  He has only seen IV and VI (IV and VI is the "My culture has been dead for a long time mostly because we never figured out the 0 in math" way of saying A New Hope and Return of the Jedi (A New Hope is the hard core Star Warsy (tried to work Trekkie into Star Wars but it did not really work out) way to say what most people just refer to Star Wars)))))))))))))))))))))))))(I lost track of how many I had to close so in an abundance of caution I made sure to secure my parentheticals.  The last thing you want dangling where all the world (including the Pope and your 1st grade teacher) is a parenthesis.  )()()()()()()()()()(((((((()))))))))))).  He is a senior in College now and has almost mastered reading.

Oliver is built like a baby Barkley (Charles, not Matt although I would not say no to a scholarship to USC and a top 5 draft pick).  He is about to start crawling any day now.  He loves his new babysitter, Heather.  It was strange to take him to someone other than Anna.  He is a big bucket of giggles and poop.

Cole has been doing well. (let's get the medical crap out of the way).  He went through the MIBG therapy.  It was a crazy experience and I don't wish it on anyone.  At least; however, it did not seem to do any good whatsover.  So that is good.  Now we are on a new therapy this is logistically not so bad (one week of appointments every day but no overnight stays), and of the three medications that make up this protocol, he has taken two of them before (with positive results).  He has completed one round of this, and begins his second round soon.  After round 2, we will do a bunch of imaging.  Have to remember that it is a marathon, not a sprint.  Other than that, Cole has started 2nd grade, and really enjoys it.  He is playing soccer (had his first game last week.  I was the ref.  There were some controversial calls that some of the parents took exception to so I had to go and tell them what was up.  After the game I went home and made a big stack of pancakes and felt much better).

I have to go to sleep.  I have a bigee day tomorrow.

I have decided that I want to do a fundraiser (for some good charity, just don't know which one).  The fundraiser has to include Michelle Obama and Patrick Rothfuss.  Anybody have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment