Dude, Cancer sucks. I will prove it to you.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1-31-12.......Day Minus 30

Tonight we go to battle for, hopefully, the last time.  I feel that I should say a few important words to that will live on in perpetuity; however, if you know me, that is not my style.  So, as I did so often in jr. high (hope statute of limitations has run.  If not, the I was just joking…..uh….), I will steal someone else’s stuff and make it my own.  Here goes: (we will be having a contest to see who can be the first one to determine what famous speech I have brutally plagiarized and butchered.  Entry fee is $5.00.  Winner gets 3 points)

Cole, You are about to embark upon the final battle of a Great Crusade, toward which you have striven these many months. The hopes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of people everywhere march with you.  
In company with you are your brave family and friends, and unknown brothers-in-arms, fighting the same fight, you will bring about the destruction of the cancer war machine, the elimination of all evil malignancies over your body, and security for ourselves in a cancer free world.
Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well
equipped and battle hardened. It will fight savagely.
But this is the year 2012! Much has happened since the Cancer was diagnosed 2011. The United Medications have inflicted upon the Cancer great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our Chemotherapy has seriously reduced its strength and its capacity to wage war on your body. The BMT Home Front has given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of learned doctors.
The tide has turned! The cancer free men of the world are marching together to Victory!
I have full confidence in your courage and devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory! 
Good luck! And let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.
Pretty Cool huh?
Seriously, Cole I wish you Godspeed on your journey this week.  I physically will be there for part of it, but know that I am always there.  Every second of every hour of every day.  You are never alone.  Rest assured that this week glasses are raised everywhere for Cole, my son.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Baker Family! Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I raise my glass to Cole, one of the coolest kids I have ever known!

    Jessica Lambert

    ReplyDelete