Dude, Cancer sucks. I will prove it to you.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3-2-11 Happy Birthday

We must first begin this evening with a happy birthday wish to Elisa.  Her strength has kept this family together on more than one occasion, and I don't just mean with respect to Cole's cancer.  I can never tell her that I love her enough times to fully express my feelings for her, so all I can hope for is that everyone in the world reads this blog so that everyone in the world knows that she is my whole life.  I love you Elisa.

Last night Cole and Julia picked up an ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery, and we lit some candles and had a little birthday party.  One of the presents that Cole got for Elisa was a little magnetic frame.  What is so awesome about this frame is that when Cole and I went to UCSF for the stem cell consult, he was allowed to pick out a toy from the big toy box.  He picked this frame out for the sole purpose of giving it to Elisa for her birthday.  If you don't know Cole personally, that is who he is.  That is how he rolls.

Today Cole's other best buddy Chris (Noah being the other) from school came over to play.  They had a great time, and while playing, Cole's loose tooth came out.  Sometimes I forget during the midst of all this medical stuff that Cole is still a kid growing up.  I have to work to keep that in mind. 

Cole and Elisa went down to the hospital tonight so that they can get Cole pre-hydrated before starting Chemo tomorrow.  Wish him luck and keep him in your thoughts.  For now please raise your glass and toast Cole, the graphic designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment