Dude, Cancer sucks. I will prove it to you.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3-1-11 Seriously?

Ok, to sum up, here is the status of the universe at my house.  Besides Cole and all his stuff (which apparently is not enough for us.  I mean I hate to be able to sit down and rest anyway), my dryer broke the other day (shout out to Jaci for the use of her dryer), the Toureg needs brake pads and rotors, and then to top it all off, Logan has come down with a fever.  Super

So today I find myself at home (unscheduled day for me) trying to keep Logan at one side of the house while Julia keeps Cole on the other side.  As I write this, Logan and I are watching Elmo teach us how to run while Julia is outside riding bikes with Cole (Julia has not been on a bike in a long time.  Too funny to watch)

And, because that is not quite enough, they moved Cole's Chemo schedule up a day.  Not a big deal, but the change in logistics is kind of a pain in the butt.  The reason they moved him up one day (start Thursday instead of Friday) is because they want to better time the Chemo with the stem cell collection (they use the word harvest, but I don't like that word) that is set for 3/17.

All in all, a heightened stress week here at the house.  Fortunately I was able to relieve some of it last night courtesy of a glass of Scotch (shout out to Ms. Koss).  Also, Elisa has a crazy week at work with report cards coming up, field trip, state writing test, etc.  Good times.

Today is March 1st.  I say welcome to March, and good riddance to February.  What a shitty month.  May have to cancel February next year.  For all of you who have birthdays in February, please make arrangements now to move them to another month. 

For now; however, please raise your glasses and toast Cole, winner of the Tour de France.

No comments:

Post a Comment