Dude, Cancer sucks. I will prove it to you.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

3-6-11 Sleeping Boy

You it's funny, or strange, or...well I don't know what it is, but when Cole is awake and acting like a normal 6 year old, I can almost forget about what is going on even when we are in the hospital room (which we are now).  When he is sleeping; however, that is when I see him as a kid with an illness.  I am not sure if it is because he is not moving, or because he has no expression on his face, but I know that as I sit here writing this, I am looking at my son lying there in that bed and it breaks my heart.  I am pretty good about being strong most of the time, but not when I am alone and staring that that boy knowing that he is fighting for his life, and there is nothing I can do but be supportive.  I wish I could do more, but I don't know what else to do.

Not really in the mood to write anymore tonight, so please raise your glass and toast Cole member of AARP.

No comments:

Post a Comment