Dude, Cancer sucks. I will prove it to you.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7-12-11

So I know that it has been a while but I have been lodging a silent protest in the hopes that if the American People realize that the only way that they will get their favorite form of entertainment back (this blog), then they need to force the NFL lockout to end.  I mean come on, I know way too much about baseball right now. 

So to, I am sure, everyone’s great delight, it appears that the NFL lockout is nearing an end, and you get your blog back.  It’s a win win.

When we last spoke Cole had been admitted to UCSF to begin his stem cell transfusion.  Since then he has been dosed with the insane amount of Chemo, and then last Wednesday he received his own stem cells back.  The Stem Cell transfusion was Day 0, in the parlance of BMT (which is Bone Marrow Transplant, not a Subway sandwich) talk.

With each passing day, his blood counts dropped, and he felt worse and worse accordingly.  His immune system is now, and has been for a few days now, basically 100% compromised (even to the point that his immunizations are gone).  He picked up a little bug that would normally not affect anyone, but with him, he was pretty sick the last 3 days.  They finally figured out what kind of bacteria it was, and gave him antibiotics accordingly and I am happy to report that he is doing much better today.

This phase has already been, to me at least, about one million time more stressful than the last phase.  I think that the main difference is that during the last phase Cole would come home.  We were always living with this damn cancer but at least he was home.  Now; however, he has been gone for 2 weeks.  And with every passing moment the pressure gets more and more.  I just want him home.  I just want this over.  Fuck you cancer.

Please raise your glasses and toast Cole, Psycologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment