Dude, Cancer sucks. I will prove it to you.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

2-12-11

Busy Day Today

Happy Saturday Night to all.  Cole had a very good day today.  Auntie Julia spent the night last night with him and he seemed to show very little in the way of problems with his first day of Chemo.  He had a slight fever which was treated with Tylenol, but was otherwise ok.  He made a video of his room with Julia's phone, and had a great time with her.  

Elisa was with him in the hospital for day 2 of Chemo.  Cole seemed to not have any side effects from the treatment other than the slight fever.  However, as the doctors do not seemed worried I guess it is not that big of a deal.  I am slowly starting to realize that as we move forward I will need to make a more conscious effort not to treat Cole like he is made of eggshells.  I have this overbearing desire to help him with everything (whether he needs it or not), and I know that I have to treat him as close to normal as possible. 

Chris took the overnight tonight and I was delighted to hear that Cole was feeling well enough to conspire with Chris to try and sneak down to the cafeteria for some pizza.  The nurses swooped in and captured them before they could complete the crime, and the two deviants had to settle for some pizza delivery.  Oh well, better luck next time.

I decided today that Logan needed a day of Logan fun.  His routines and schedules have been all screwed up during the last couple of weeks.  And while he loves the playroom at Kaiser Santa Clara, all the travel has been tough on him.  This morning I made Logan and Chris some pancakes using my special recipe that I have saved on my phone.  Then Logan, Chris and I went to Daddy and Me Soccer.  After that we acquired Auntie Julia and ended up at the Emeryville Market to get some Crispy Fry.

The Rindes really stepped it up today.  I had 8 Rindes and Rinde affiliates in my house today doing all manner of awesome things to get ready for Cole's triumphant return to San Miguel.  There was plumbing, cooking, painting, grading, shopping, and other various activities going on at the house.  Thank you for all of that.

I have never written, or even read, a blog before so I am not sure if I am supposed to be writing in a more coherent manner with transition sentences; however, my mind is very coherent and almost never uses transition sentences so I am not going to use them.  Please try and keep up.

This evening while Elisa was enjoying her newly much more pressurized shower, I took a field trip to the Outback in San Mateo to talk with Tana about fundraising.  I am happy to pre-announce a couple of fundraising events that will be taking place in the not too distant future.  The first will probably be a special curbside takeaway dinner.  Tickets will be sold, and the purchaser will be entitled to swing by the Outback and pick up an awesome dinner to go.  We might also be doing a raffle event at the Outback which will showcase some of Cole's art.  There is a rumor also that some of the world famous Baker BBQ sauce will be release to the public through this raffle.  Thank you to the Outback for your support.

I also want to thank those of you who have already sent in donations via the donations page on the top of this blog.  I don't have the words to express how much that means to me. 

Please stay tuned for upcoming fundraising events as well as further updates about our favorite little guy Cole, but for now please raise your glasses and toast Cole the Stanford Professor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment