Dude, Cancer sucks. I will prove it to you.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2-16-11 The Eagle will soon be landing

As I sit here with my Subway sandwich (Thank you Sandi), I am giddy with excitement.  You see, Cole is coming home from the hospital in just a few hours.  You know that feeling you get on Christmas Eve?  The anticipation.  The excitement.  Well multiply that by about a million and that is how I am feeling right now.  I am having so much trouble focusing on work.  I just want to go home and see my son back at home. 

I know that I have to temper my expectations because we are just one small step into this whole process of recovery; however, for me it is a huge step.  No more IV bottles keeping my man down.  No more watching him sit all day in a tiny little room.  We have been in that hospital for two weeks, and it is time to go.

Cole’s spirits are high and he is already asking for some comfort food (Ribs and potatoes.  That’s my boy).  He will have some dietary restrictions which are basically super clean and very well cooked food (sorry son, no more runny gooey oozing pancakes).  For those of you who have so generously expressed an interest in cooking dinners for us, please get a hold of Julia.  She is organizing that aspect and has access to the calendar and the dietary rules.

Did I mention that Cole is coming home today?  I am so pumped up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (was that too many?  Too bad) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for not writing in my usual sophisticated (or is it sophomoric?) high literary style to which I know that you have grown accustomed, however, I am having enough trouble just sitting in a seat much less writing intelligently.

I think I am going to go run laps around my office or something, but for now please raise your glasses to Col Cole Baker, Pilot, USAF, Ret.

No comments:

Post a Comment